Monday, March 15, 2010

Just 2 weeks left...

Pretty lazy day today... slept in til about 10am. It was one of the first mornings in a long time that no one barged into my room shouting in some language from Nigeria. That's the typical morning wake up in my room. Although, having been here so long now, I can sleep through bright lights, intense heat and even loud noises. I once fell asleep in my room when there were 5 others talking with the lights on and one person was sitting at the head of my bed!

***

I just spent the last few hours prepping for my lesson tomorrow. I am still teaching science on Tuesdays and tomorrow is the respiratory system. Last week we talked about each part of the system and this week we are going a bit deeper. Diagramming the lungs, talking about repiratory diseases and then I will shift into general hygiene.

I'm bringing up a special topic too: sinus infections. It will be easy to discuss since I have one right now. At home when I get sick it often turns into a sinus infection... and I get it atleast twice per year. Anyway, I felt the symptoms approaching the past few days. Constant sinus headache, intense pain in my eyes and cheeks. I went to the pharmacy today (or the ''chemist'' as they call it) and expected to just get some ibuprofen and relieve some inflammation but I did much better than that! Walked out with amoxicilin! Nothing like self-medicating, eh? Awesome that you don't need a prescription here. The guy just goes ''here take this for 1 week. GHc 12.'' ($10) I'm already feeling better and the pain in my face has reduced.

Not much else to say for today. My closest friends Roy and Kate from Taiwan leave on Wednesday. Really bummed about them leaving since we literally spend 18 hours a day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment